Good Manufacturing Practices
GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) establishes the operational conditions and requirements necessary to ensure hygiene throughout the food chain and for the production thereof.
GMP for food processing are those conditions needed prior to and during the implementation of a food safety and quality system (HACCP, ISO 22000, FSSC and ISO 9001) that are essential for food safety.
Good Manufacturing Practices consist of guidelines that define management and handling actions, with the purpose of ensuring favourable conditions for the production of safe food. They are also useful for the design and operation of establishments and for the development of processes and products related to food.
GMP have been developed by the Codex Alimentarius with the main objective of customer protection. It includes many basic operational conditions and procedures that are required to be met by the food company. For example, some of them can be:
- The construction and layout of the food premises
- The training provided to the employees
- The adequate maintenance of equipment and utensils used within the company
- The use of suitable chemicals within and around the food premises including cleaning chemicals, pest control chemicals and machine lubricants
- The identification and storage of waste within and by the company
- The implementation and effectiveness of the traceability system
- The cleanliness of the food premises, equipment, utensils, floors, walls and ceilings
- An effective pest control program
The quality and safety management of every company is based on GMP and these are the starting point for the implementation of a HACCP system.
Initial consultation: We will visit your organisation and determine with you how best to progress your plan for GMP implementation. Following this visit, we will issue a quotation and timescale to achieve certification.
Implementation: We will work with your Organisation and your Staff to achieve the benefits of a GMP programme. Whether you simply need a Gap Analysis on your current system, Internal audits, Management review or a full implementation programme, we will do this in a way that you and your Team are fully engaged in the process. Our aim is to make this a practical, value added and beneficial process that will make your organisation more effective.
Certification: We can assist you right up to certification. We deal with all the certification organisations in this area. Following the visits by the Certification Organisation we can continue to support your organisation to ensure continuous improvement.
Check out our past clients and our reviews by clicking HERE.
Contact us for more info – Mobile: +353 (0) 86 2635 113