ISO 45001 is an international standard for health and safety at work developed by national and international standards committees independent of government. Introduced in March 2018, it replaced OHSAS 18001. While you are not required by law to implement ISO 45001 or other similar management standards, they can help provide a structured framework for ensuring a safe and healthy workplace. If your organisation is small or low-risk, you’ll probably be able to demonstrate effective risk management without a formal management system.
Helps you with:
– Understanding that Health & Safety is strategically important to an organisation.
– Integrating Health & Safety into the systems and processes of the organisation.
– Promoting a culture that supports best practice in Health & Safety.
– Better planning systems for Risk identification, appraisal and solution.
– Ensuring that the organisation meets its legal and statutory requirements.
– Providing better systems for competency, training and support.
– Establishing better internal and external communications.
– A safe operation for working especially as changes occur.
– Establishing the right controls for Contractor and Suppliers.
– Emergency planning.
– Monitoring the Health & Safety of the operation.