GDPR comes into effect in May 2018. It’s never too early to become compliant and accountable in relation to personal data
GDPR stands for The General Data Protection Regulation. GDPR was officially signed into legislation in May 2016. It will come into effect in May 2018.
From May 25th 2018 the Irish Data Protection Commission has the power to enforce GDPR compliance and impose fines on organisations not in compliance. If your business / organisation hold or process personal data of EU citizens then you need to comply with GDPR.
QSI can meet with you and discuss what steps you need to complete to become prepared after May 2018. QSI can also provide inhouse training to your staff on GDPR. This is available nationwide.
Day Seminar – GDPR: Implication and Practical Steps for Compliance & IT Security.
In Partnership with Net Support – An IT Service Provider.
You have heard a lot about GDPR lately, now you need to make the necessary changes in your business. This day seminar will cover the practical implications of GDPR. In order for companies to gain from this seminar there are limited spaces available.
Date: 19th June 2019 9.30am – 4.30pm
Location: Blackwater House. Mallow Business Park. Conveniently located off the Main Cork – Limerick Road.
Two Speakers On The Day:
Morning Presenter – Thomas Phelan
- QSI Consultant
- Data Protection Practitioner
- Accredited ISO 27001 Consultant.
For more details on Thomas’s qualifications and experience click here.
GDPR: The key issues and how the workplace will be affected.
- What are the major changes coming in on the 25th May with GDPR.
- How companies can get prepared in time for GDPR.
- How the rights of individuals will change with GDPR.
- Are you obtaining consent correctly?
- Getting staff on board.
- Conducting a GAP Analysis.
Afternoon Presenter – Dave Devery – Net Support
- With 10 years experience, Dave delivers IT solutions across a variety of industries.
- NetSupport is a full service IT services company, providing bespoke IT solutions and general IT support and maintenance.
GDPR – “IT Security by Design” – Real world practical examples, the difficulties and solutions.
- Firewall / Network Security
- Wireless Networks (Public & Private)
- Secure Remote Access & VPNs
- Active Directory (Login) Control
- Company Group Policies
- File / Folder Access Control
- Data – On-site or in the Cloud ? The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
- Mobile Device Management
- Virus, Malware and Ransomware
- Email & Website Security & Encryption
- Security Awareness Training
- Data Backup & Disaster Recovery – On-site / off-site
- Cyber Security Insurance
Lunch and refreshments included. Free parking.
QSI can provide inhouse training for you and your staff on GDPR. Every company is different so we can tailor the training so it is specific to your company’s requirements.
We can tailor our training to suit your budget and needs. We provide 1 hour, half day and full day training options.
To see our other courses in Data Protection and Security click HERE.
If you wish to arrange in-house training for your staff we can also cater for this. This is available nationwide. Every company is different so we can tailor the training so it is specific to your company’s requirements. We can tailor our training to suit your budget and needs. We provide 1 hour, half day and full day training options.
Check out our past clients and our reviews by clicking HERE.