Data Protection Practitioner Certificate
Ireland’s first certified data protection practitioner programme. Be confident that your organisation’s policies and procedures are legally compliant with data protection legislation.
Next Cork Course Date: Dates to be confirmed
Time: 3 day course; 9:30am – 5pm Daily.
Cost: €1975 P.P.
- Learn about core data protection principles, types of data (personal, sensitive etc) and how they fit into current legislation e.g. The Data Protection Act.
- The syllabus focuses on how the data protection principles work in practice and on the promotion of good practice within organisations.
- You will learn about privacy through real world examples, and what counts as private in today’s world.
- Understand and distinguish between data protection roles (Subject Controller, Processor), in particular the role of the Data Processor.
- Discover what kinds of circumstances are exempt from data protection legislation.
- Use the knowledge you have gained about data protection legislation to make influential changes to your organisation’s data protection policies, helping you remain competitive and compliant.
- This will increase your organisation’s confidence in it’s ability to protect and manage data.
- Examine real-life case studies of data breaches, engage in brainstorming sessions and come up with data breach response procedures just as you would in your own organisation.
- The course places an emphasis from the outset on providing relatable, real world examples to back up any theory delivered during the session.
- Students are encouraged to provide their own data protection issues, as well, that can be openly discussed by the group.
- This course is ideally suited to anyone who fulfills an information security or data protection role including secretaries, financial workers, project managers, health sector staff, customer support etc.
- If you require a highly detailed overview and analysis of what data protection is, this is the best course of its kind.
A data protection assessment is held every month at ICS to give students the chance to achieve the Data Protection Practitioner Certificate qualification.