On completion of this course attendees will be able to:
1. Describe how food poisoning is caused.
2. Discuss the importance on maintaining good personal hygiene when working in a food environment.
3. Recall what bacteria need to grow and how we can control the growth of bacteria.
4. Communicate the importance of colour coding and zoning in preventing cross contamination in a food environment.
5. Contribute to the awareness of the 14 allergens and the importance of allergens controls in any food environment.
6. Communicate to others the signs of pest infestation in a workplace and ways to prevent pest infestation.
7. Demonstrate a knowledge of the seven HACCP principles and critical control points.